We are all about the scent this month. What’s in flower and smelling good now and what’s ahead in the next few months. Let’s take a sniff at some scentsational plant choices ……
Magnolia. We literally can’t keep up with the buds at the moment. The moment there is a sunny day, the buds pop open and the scent fills the air. With over 110 options on site, there has to be something that satisfies your scent desire.
- Daphne. Popping out in flower and bud right now, the delightful scent of Daphne can be found in the polytunnel.
- Osmanthus Heaven Scent. A deliciously named Osmanthus in the topiary ball section of the nursery.
- Viburnum x bodnantense with its firework clusters of pink trumpet scented flowers on bare stems.
- Convallaria majalis, Lily of the Valley. Not long now until these nodding highly scented flowers fill the air.
- Acacia. Delicate puffballs of light yellow flowers. Some are in flower now and some still have the best to come.
- Wisteria. Plan and plant ahead for that unforgettable late spring scent. 30 options to choose from including Black Dragon, Caroline, Issai and Prolific.