Shade always seems to limit the choice of plants that will survive and thrive there. But there are some surprising options that will happily sit in a shady spot and reward you with flowers.
- Deutzia ‘Yuki’ Range. An excellent landscape shrub for planting en masse with oodles of flower and the lowest maintenance you could hope for. A good flowering shrub for shade that can be hard pruned.
- Deutzia ‘Yuki Cherry Blossom’. Mound forming. Burgundy- purple autumn foliage. Creamy-white bicolour flowers with pink outers. Height 50cm
- Deutzia ‘Yuki Snowflake’. compact rounded habit. Dark green foliage – purple- bronze in autumn. Small white fragrant flowers in summer. Height 60cm
- Diervilla ‘Kodak’ Range. Brilliant plants that thrive in shade and drought conditions making it a go to choice for such areas.
- Diervilla ‘Kodak Orange’. This easy to maintain shrub is a standout in fall with its brilliant orange foliage. Orange new growth in spring and soft yellow flowers from early summer to fall add to its appeal. Height 90cm
- Diervilla ‘Kodak Red’. The new growth has a rich red tone and foliage turns vivid red in autumn. From early summer to fall bright yellow flowers add to its appeal. Height 90cm
- Diervilla ‘Kodak Black’. This easy to maintain shrub is a standout with its dark purple-black foliage. Flowers from early summer to fall with soft yellow flowers. The foliage colour changes to vivid red in autumn. Height 90cm
Kodiak Orange Kodiak Red Kodiak Black