Out of all the hardy flowering trees and shrubs, magnolias, are perhaps the most spectacular. The swelling buds open to reveal the stunning spring flowers.
For the Magnolia connoisseur:
- Magnolia sieboldii is a delight to behold with fragrant white cup-shaped flowers from June to August followed by spectacular crimson fruits. Height 2.5m.
- Magnolia wilsonii. Magnolia wilsonii flowers droop but are well worth laying on the ground for! Pendant white cup-shaped flowers with crimson stamens in late spring and early summer. Height 8m. Be quick, this one is low in stock!
- Magnolia ‘Daphne’ has light yellow tulip-shaped flowers in mid to late spring.
- Magnolia 'Elizabeth'. A deciduous tree with conical habit and fragrant yellow flowers, fading to cream, in spring. Eventual height 12m, spread 8m.
- Magnolia 'Heaven Scent’. Spreading deciduous tree or large shrub. Goblet shaped flowers - pink outside, white inside. Mid-spring to early summer. Glossy mid-green leaves. Height and Spread to 10m.