We are recruiting for a full-time Nursery Technician to carry out nursery work for the effective running of the nursery, including unloading lorries, accurate labelling, after care and merchandising of plant/shrub/tree stock.
If you are interested, we want to hear from you!
About the role
The overall role of this position is to work as part of a team to help run and maintain the nursery, to a high and professional standard, whilst providing excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate
- Excellent customer care and service
- Good working knowledge and experience of horticulture (not essential as full training will be given)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Diploma in Horticulture Practice or equivalent qualifications is beneficial but not essential as full training will be given
- Strong organisational skills
- Nursery experience (not essential however must demonstrate a genuine interest in horticulture)
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and work well under pressure during the peak season
- GCSE Qualifications (Level 4 and above essential for English and Math)
Starting salary: £24,970 - £26,500 (dependent on experience and fulfilment of ‘Essential’ criteria) for a Fixed Term of 12 months
- Staff discount (after qualifying probationary period)
- Private health care (including employee assistance program)
- Free car parking
- Free tea/coffee
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Regular social events
- Contributory pension scheme
How to apply
If you are interested, please contact Grace, Provender’s HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org please also send over a copy of your latest CV.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2024