Screening trees are an important element of design used to create privacy, make walkways, lead you to focal points or act as a background to block out unsightly views.
Pleached trees are defined as a frame that creates a two-dimensional effect, with branches spreading sideways in one plane on top of a clear stem of 1.8m. They are perfect for planting next to a fence where planning permission is needed, to extend a fence above 1.8m.
We have lots of pleached tree options on site that include evergreen and deciduous choices. Here are a few favourites:
- Carpinus betulus. Hornbeam. Deciduous but holds its leaves in the winter. Mid-green leaves in summer months. Copper- russet leaves are held through the winter months.
- Fagus sylvatica. Deciduous but holds its leaves in the winter. Rich, golden copper foliage is held on the tree through the winter months.
- Photinia x fraseri ‘Red Robin’. Evergreen foliage. New foliage is bright red in colour.
- Ilex ‘Nellie R. Stevens’. Evergreen foliage. Orange-red fruits are held through the winter.
- Prunus lusitanica ‘Myrtifolia’. Evergreen glossy green foliage. Great choice for filtering air pollution.