Training Workshops @ Provender Nurseries
Provender Nurseries realise the potential of keeping up to date with new Government legislation and the latest trends to help keep your company one step ahead.
We often host workshops on site held by external companies that we feel may be of benefit to you, your company, your employees and of course your business.
Please see below for current workshops booked onsite.
Should you wish to hold a training event onsite at Provender Nurseries in our meeting room, please contact Liz Hughes on [email protected] for availability.
We have two meeting rooms:
- Meeting Room One can hold 4-6 participants and is available free of charge.
- Meeting Room Two can hold 8-10 participants and is available free of charge.
PA1 and PA6A Training Course
25th - 27th October - Training
W/C 1st November - Assessment ( times and dates confirmed during the training )
Day One - PA1
Day Two – PA1 Revision, PA1 Online Assessment, Start PA6A
Day Three – PA6A
PA1 –Online Assessment held on site on day two of the training course. 33 Multiple choice questions to be completed in one hour
PA6A – Practical assessment is approximately two hours, carried out by an NPTC Assessor on a one to one basis
Course Pre-requisites and Equipment required to bring to the training: -
PA1 – Pen, Lunch, Photographic Identification for the assessment e.g. Passport, Driving Licence, gloves for the online assessment
PA6A - Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Coveralls, Rubber Boots, Gloves, Face shield, (PPE can be purchased during the training if required), Measuring jug, Tape Measure (30m), Markers, Calculator, Knapsack Sprayer (Clean and serviceable) Knapsack sprayers will be available for training, You are required to have your own sprayer for the assessment. Appropriate outdoor clothing (Training still takes place in the rain, wind, hail, snow)
- Know the legislative requirements and codes of practice relating to the use of
- Understand the relevance of product information
- Know how to minimise the risk of human contamination and implement emergency
- Know how to store and transport pesticides safely
- Know how to manage and dispose of surplus pesticide and waste materials
- Know the record keeping requirements
- Know how to minimise the risk of environmental contamination and implement
- emergency procedures
- Know the legislative and safety regulations relating to applicator use
- Be able to assess the environmental factors relating to mixing and application
- Be able to read and interpret product information
- Be able to prepare and calibrate a hand-held pedestrian applicator
- Be able to operate the application equipment
- Know how to carry out post-operational procedures
Assessment Schedule: -
Training Cost Per Candidate: - £270.00
Assessment Cost Per Candidate: - £275.00 (Payable directly to Field Based Assessment)
To book a place or make an enquiry please email: - [email protected]
Smartphone Marketing Masterclass
'Learn how to create an engaged audience on social media, and convert them into paying clients.'
There’s no need for expensive cameras and costly marketing budgets! Discover how to take amazing horticultural focused content by yourself, simply with the smartphone camera you already have in your pocket.
Then, make an impact on social media by sharing remarkable posts and adverts with confidence and consistency.
Join marketing guru Catherine Hills from Brass Bee Marketing, and photography expert Jonathan Ward from Ginger Horticulture, for a day of learning at Provender Nurseries, both are experienced in the world of horticulture and garden design, but more importantly, they are small business owners themselves. Therefore, Catherine and Jonathan understand the unique struggles you might be facing when trying to promote your business. They will be on hand to help you improve your photography skills, increase engagement on social media and ultimately get the customers you deserve.
- Learn about your smartphone camera, its settings and features
- Discover how to take professional-looking photographs on your smartphone
- Understand why social media and digital marketing can benefit your business
- Learn how to ensure that your social media posts reach the most people
- Get to grips with using a social media calendar
- Learn how to come up with fresh, new content ideas
- Find out what hashtags are really all about
Click here to book the event for Friday 19th November 10:00 to 16:00
Tickets cost £160 per person